This five-day instructor-led course teaches IT professionals how to deploy and configure Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) in a distributed environment, how to implement Group Policy, how to perform backup and restore, and how to monitor and troubleshoot Active Directory–related issues with Windows Server 2016. Additionally, this course teaches students how to deploy other Active Directory server roles, such as Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) and Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS).
Before attending this course, students must have:
• Some exposure to and experience with AD DS concepts and technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
• Experience working with and configuring Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016
• Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
• Experience working with and an understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts.
• An awareness of basic security best practices.
• Hands-on working experience with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10.
• Basic experience with the Windows PowerShell command-line interfac