In this three-day, hands-on training course, you explore the new features and enhancements in VMware vCenter Server® 7.0 and VMware ESXi™ 7.0. Real-world use-case deployment scenarios, hands-on lab exercises, and lectures teach you the skills that you need to effectively implement and configure VMware vSphere® 7. This course is recommended for customers who want to deploy vSphere 7 in their existing vSphere environment.
This course requires completion of one the following courses or equivalent knowledge and administration experience with ESXi and vCenter Server:
• VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage
• VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale
• VMware vSphere: Fast Track
• VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting
The course material presumes that you can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
• Install and configure ESXi
• Install vCenter Server
• Create vCenter Server objects, such as data centers and folders • Create and manage vCenter Server roles and permissions
• Create and modify a standard switch
• Create and modify a distributed switch
• Connect an ESXi host to NAS, iSCSI, or Fibre Channel storage
• Create a VMware vSphere® VMFS datastore
• Use a content library template to create a virtual machine
• Modify a virtual machine’s hardware
• Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion® and VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
• Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ cluster
• Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster
• Use VMware vSphere® Update ManagerTM to apply patches and perform upgrades to ESXi hosts and VMs
If you cannot complete these tasks, VMware recommends that you instead take the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V7] course.
Attending this course allows candidates who hold a valid VCP-DCV 2019 to upgrade to VCP-DCV 2020 without taking the certification exam.